Máire Holmes the Editor-in-Chief of The Galway Review has recently been appointed as Writer in Residence with Kerry Co. Council in her native Irish and English for 2015. Her tenure will start in early March. Thankfully, technology will allow for her to continue in her current role at The Galway Review where her writer’s experience and editorial skills will not leave The Galway Review wanting. The Editorial board of The Galway Review wish her every success and happiness with her new appointment. We are in no doubt that the creative dynamism and production in the county Kerry will be truly enhanced during her time there. Gach rath ort, a Mháire sa chúram nua!
- 317,198 Online Readers
BEST OF THE MONTH
- Caroline Johnstone – 1771 – The American Wake
- Sinéad Nic Síoda – Night Bird
- The “Wandering Souls” of Panorama
- ‘Swiss, Going on Irish: Living and Writing in Two Worlds and Two Languages’ by Esther Murbach
- Rudi Erebara – The Epic of the Morning Stars
- Michael J. Leach – Horseshoe Removal
- Jovica Tasevski-Eternijan – Two Poems
- Fred Johnston – Calum Sgaire
- Mauk Donnabhain – Get Her!
- Eduard Schmidt-Zorner – Three Poems