The Galway Review considers poetry, prose, essays, translations, book reviews, (in English and Irish).
Editorial decisions are based on content and quality.
The Galway Review accept simultaneous submissions and previously published work. To have your work considered, please follow our general guidelines:
- Submit 3-5 poems at a time.
- Fiction: Submit one story only, and nothing longer than 3500 words.
- Please do not submit more work if we are still considering your previous submission.
- Do not query; we are currently accepting unsolicited submissions.
- Include a cover letter with some biographical information in third person (70-100 words).
- Make sure your entire submission is submitted in one online submission form (word doc).
- All work should be single-spaced.
- Do not use ALL CAPS, even for titles.
- Please note that we no longer accept submissions via postal mail.
- The Galway Review reports within 2 months, sometimes earlier depending on the quantity of submissions we receive. Editors seldom comment on rejections. Writers accepted for publication receive a notification via email. We cannot afford to provide payment for work accepted.
- The Galway Review reserves the right to discard without notice those submissions that do not follow our guidelines.
Send your piece of writing, a bio in third person with 70-100 words and your photo, along with your phone number and address.
With very best wishes,
The Galway Review Team