© Bio/for writing
Margaret Kiernan is an Irish author and a Best of The Net Nominee for Creative Non-Fiction Award, 2021 and, 2022. She writes fiction, essay, memoir, and poetry. She has had poetry and prose published in hard back, in e-book, on-line, and in literary journals and magazines. In four continents. She has multiple short stories and poems also in anthology collections and cultural publications.
She is a Professional Member at the Irish Writers Centre. Dublin. Ireland.
She participated in a published collection in which professional writers and recognised curators participated, Published on December 6th, 2022. Ref: K. Higgins.
- The Arts Council of Ireland and Westmeath County Council Arts Office awarded her a Professional Development Bursary, 2021.
- Mayo County Council and The Arts Council of Ireland granted a Heinrich Boll Residency and Bursary, 2023.
- Shortlisted in Cathalbui/Belcoo International Poetry competition, 2021
- Shortlisted for The Bard of Connacht contest.2022
- Highly Commended in The Hannah Grealy International Literary Awards. 2022
She is published in,
- Live Encounters Magazine.
- Lothlorien Poetry Journal.
- The Ekphrastic Review.
- The Galway Review.
- Wildfire Words/Frosted Fire.
- The Irish Literary Times.
- Tim Saunders Publishing.
- Black-lion Press/Cathal Bùi Bel-coo Poet.
- The Blue Nib Literary Journal.
- Writing In a Woman’s Voice Journal.
- Wilderness House Literary Review and Press.
- Pendemic.ie Journal-covid nineteen collection,- archived at University College Dublin.
- Poet-Head.Wordpress.com.( Collection of Contemporary Women Poet’s in Ireland, Live archive at The National Library of Ireland Dublin 2 and, at University College, Bellfield, Dublin 2) .
- The Write Life Literary Magazine.
- Arc Magazine. India.
- Red Fern Review.
- Civic Leicester university poetry.
- Corncrake Literary Magazine.
- The Burrow Literary Journal & publishing press.
- Brave New World.
- Visual Verse.
- Bath Flash Fiction.
- Scarlet Dragonfly Poetry Journal.
- The Daily Haiku.
- Sand Journal Magazine.
- Vox Gal via, Galway Advertiser broadsheet.
- A New Ulster, Literary Press.
- Spilling Cocoa over Martin Amies.
Margaret reads and writes with Over the Edge on Thursdays advanced poetry workshop group at Galway Arts Centre. Facilitated previously by Mr Kevin Higgins, Poet.
- She is a member of Ox Mountain poets, Sligo.
- She is listed in the Index of Contemporary Women Poets in Ireland, 2020.
- She holds a Degree in Arts in Humanities in Advocacy from Atlantic Technological University Sligo, including Irish and European Law on Inclusion and Diversity.
- An International Degree in Business Management, from The University of Sheffield International College. and Technological University of the Shannon Athlone. Institute of Administrative Mgt.
- Her background is in Advocacy in Human and Social Rights. She is a Democracy activist.
- Margaret has completed courses and workshops in writing, for prose and poetry.
Tutors in poetry are,
- Annemarie Ni Churainn, Martin Dyer, Colm Keegan, Monica Corish, Moyra Donaldson, Anne McMaster, Noel Monahan (Master Series), Kevin Higgins, Dr Arthur Broomfield.
- Tutors in prose include, Jan Carson, Claire Allan, Anne McMaster, Conor Kostick, Carlo Gebler, Malacai O’Doherty, Lynda Kirby, Ciara Doorley and, Susan Millar Dumars.
Margaret has four grown-up children. She lives in Westmeath with her dog Molly.
She paints in Watercolours and acrylics and has the following interests. Nature, philosophy, astrology, gardening, music, spirituality, archaeology, and historical heritage.
- Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/margaretgibbonskiernan/@kiernanmargaret
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/margaretkiernan
- LinkedIn: http://linkedIn.com/in/margaretkiernan
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/margaret.kiernan