Heartiest congratulations to the team of Cúirt International Festival of Literature on the launch of their comprehensive programme this evening,(March 10th, 2015), for the upcoming festival, (21st – 27th April 2015).
If the programme, it might be better described as a book, is anything to go by, it is very apparent that this literary festival is going from strength to strength. Listowel, in the book, claims to be the literary capital of Ireland. If that is the case, Galway is not far behind and may occupy that hallowed perch in years to come!
It is with particular pride that The Galway Review can state that participants in this year’s Cúirt International Festival of Literature including, Luke Morgan, Sarah Clancy, Deirdre Sullivan, Alvy Carragher, Teresa Sweeney, Doireann Ní Ghríofa, Aideen Henry and Eamonn Wall, have contributed to The Galway Review itself in the past.
Thanks too to the Programme compilers for featuring our own The Galway Review event, the launch of the printed Galway Review 3, on Sunday 26th April, in an Taibhdhearc Theatre at 12 noon.
More information about the launch of The Galway Review 3 you will find on our website and on the Taibhdhearc’s website http://www.antaibhdhearc.com prior to the event itself. Comghairdeas le gach duine i gCúirt!
LIFE HARVEST Words of Wisdom – Buy The Book
- 547,399 Online Readers
BEST OF THE MONTH
- Gil Hoy – Riches and Fame
- Margaret Kiernan – Nuns Walkway
- Alec Solomita – Summer
- Robert Pegel – Turned to Stone
- Susan Tepper – Years After
- Gene Murphy – The man who walked in circles
- Berni Dwan – Geisha
- Lesley Smith – Five Poems
- May 7th – White House Poetry Reading -Limerick
- Denise O’Hagan – Vermeer in Boston
- Writer Ndrek Gjini translates the poems of the President of Ireland into Albanian
- Seán Ó Coistealbha – Four Poems in Irish Language
- Robert Sullivan – Four Poems
- Jenny Hickey – Three Poems
- Susan Tepper – Tricks
- Niall Bradley – Backdrop
- Caroline Stevens-Taylor – Two Poems
- JOSEPH EASTELL – Fractal Misery
- Steve Slavin – Me and Bobby Kennedy
- Alec Solomita – Two Poems
- Louise O’Neill Vance – First Day Free: The Burren
- Ciarán O’Rourke – Two Poems