Heartiest congratulations to the team of Cúirt International Festival of Literature on the launch of their comprehensive programme this evening,(March 10th, 2015), for the upcoming festival, (21st – 27th April 2015).
If the programme, it might be better described as a book, is anything to go by, it is very apparent that this literary festival is going from strength to strength. Listowel, in the book, claims to be the literary capital of Ireland. If that is the case, Galway is not far behind and may occupy that hallowed perch in years to come!
It is with particular pride that The Galway Review can state that participants in this year’s Cúirt International Festival of Literature including, Luke Morgan, Sarah Clancy, Deirdre Sullivan, Alvy Carragher, Teresa Sweeney, Doireann Ní Ghríofa, Aideen Henry and Eamonn Wall, have contributed to The Galway Review itself in the past.
Thanks too to the Programme compilers for featuring our own The Galway Review event, the launch of the printed Galway Review 3, on Sunday 26th April, in an Taibhdhearc Theatre at 12 noon.
More information about the launch of The Galway Review 3 you will find on our website and on the Taibhdhearc’s website http://www.antaibhdhearc.com prior to the event itself. Comghairdeas le gach duine i gCúirt!
- 459,297 Online Readers
BEST OF THE MONTH
- TAK Erzinger – Conservation of Energy
- Susan Tepper – Wingless Birds
- John Lysaght – The Loneliness of Simeon Jones
- Maeve McKenna – Portrait
- Berni Dwan – Arrivals and departures
- Alec Solomita – Advice to Poets
- Matthew Brennan – Two Poems
- Nigel Jarrett – Close contacts: Eroticism, Nudity, Pornography, and Burlesque
- Kevin McManus- Shadows falling upon the island
- Alec Solomita – There Are Mysteries
- James Mulhern – Smoke Rings
- James Mulhern – Piano
- Ed Meek – At the Lake
- Katacha Díaz – Nightingale of the Andes
- Yvonne Morris – Fuzzy Lollipop
- Grace Curtis – Even-turn
- Gordon Ferris – The Changeling
- Susan Tepper – Left Behind
- James Mulhern – Brother
- Michael J Leach & Rachel Rayner – A Concrete Poem for our Time
- ANNA ALLEN – THE BISHOP AND THE NIGHTDRESS
- Tobi Alfier – Two Poems
BUY THE GALWAY REVIEW 7