For the third year running The Galway Review printed edition 3 is now available over the counter in Charlie Byrne’s bookshop in Middle Street Galway. It is said by many that digital technology will never replace the feel and look of a book. Music aficionados would say the same thing about the quality of music from a stylus on vinyl compared with the “download” or the CD. When the proprietor of Charlie Byrne’s accepted the consignment the first thing he did was to deftly, indeed enrapturedly, scan through the names of the contributors and noted the names of Galway’s top writers in their midst. To find out who they are you will just have to visit Charlie Byrne’s bookshop and buy a copy!
- 317,048 Online Readers
BEST OF THE MONTH
- Caroline Johnstone – 1771 – The American Wake
- Sinéad Nic Síoda – Night Bird
- The “Wandering Souls” of Panorama
- ‘Swiss, Going on Irish: Living and Writing in Two Worlds and Two Languages’ by Esther Murbach
- Rudi Erebara – The Epic of the Morning Stars
- Michael J. Leach – Horseshoe Removal
- Jovica Tasevski-Eternijan – Two Poems
- Fred Johnston – Calum Sgaire
- Mauk Donnabhain – Get Her!
- Eduard Schmidt-Zorner – Three Poems